background

10 December 2009

It FINALLY feels like December!

I'll start with the Christmas decorations. I put up a small little Christmas tree with the few ornaments that I had. I put up a wreath that I got for $5 at Michaels (plus another $4 for the ribbon to wrap around it) in my kitchen above my table. I put up a stocking that I decorated years ago with Whitney and made a new one for jumper boy... even put a few things in it! :) And, I've taken up mom's old habit of writing cute little things on the packages... just a nice little touch!


I put up christmas lights on my little deck in the freezing cold (slightly rainy). The lights were compliments of John and Marianne who don't use them anymore (but don't worry, they have beautiful lit wreaths and garlands on their house!) I tested all the lights, but it seems that I grabbed one strand that I had put in the "no good" pile by accident. You can see that in the picture... it's been too cold for me to feel motivated to change it out although I think I'll do that later this week. As jumper boy pointed out to me, that was a novice mistake... but since it was the first time that I every hung lights outdoors, I feel that I am allowed to make such mistakes.


I have Christmas music on my computer (and Pandora) that liven up my spirits. I have hot chocolate and little marshmallows for when my friend Elaina comes over this Friday night to watch a Christmas movie! I'm so excited!!

AND on top of all that, we got our first snow yesterday. We've had little flurries a couple times the last month, but we got 6-8 inches of heavy snow yesterday... I can't wait to go skiing!!! I got a ski pass for the local mountain for $200 that lets me ski pretty much any time... it was dirt cheap because I got it so early. I'm excited about becoming a better skiier! But I'll probably wait until I get home from Christmas to go... I've got too much going on before then to worry about it!

No comments: