background

01 June 2011

Welcome June!

Well, it is officially June... we can wear white shoes and white pants and skirts... summer is here! But I am loaded down with work, this will not be a summer of fun for me. Nope. Gotta write that thesis! I'm "graduating" this Sunday, a little premature, but there you go, since I'm not submitting my thesis until July and defending later that month. WOW, only about 1.5 months to go... crazy!! I started the PhD program July 6th 2005 and I will have been in the PhD program for 6 years this July. I'd like to say the time flew, but it didn't. This has probably been the longest 6 years of my life. It has been a tumultuous journey filled with ups and downs of research, love and friends. Filled with anxiety and stress, not only about my own work, but with some serious health issues I've been dealing with the last two years.

Writing my dissertation has been slow. I don't have a job lined up, so I'm not super motivated to move on. PLUS, we're getting married in October, so that's another distraction hanging around me ALL the time! I am excited to dig in and get the meat of my thesis written! Wish me luck!

No comments: