background

11 November 2008

Halloween Weekend

Halloween was a lot of fun. It’s not a holiday that I’m all that into, but I love a good party, so even though I had had a rough day, I put on a costume and went out with some friends to the school party. I went as “Little Bo Peep” in a dress that I found at Goodwill for $9. Here is a picture of me with my friend Andrea and another picture of my friend Peter (tall with the white sailor hat) and Veit in some real US Navy uniforms that I borrowed from my friend John so the German boys would have something to wear to the costume party.



The next night I was at my friend/mentor Eicke’s house for a going away party for our friend Veit. Veit has been a post-doc at UMass for the past 2 years and on this coming Friday is moving back to Germany as a professor. Eicke and his wife and his au pair prepared a fabulous dinner and we hung out and talked and drank wine and celebrated Veit’s stay here. I will really miss Veit. He’s a great brotherly-type of person to have around in the lab... he’s serious when he needs to be, but likes to joke around and be funny too. But I am happy for him. He and his wife Julia and daughter Clara are moving to Bonn (they are originally from Munich)

My friend Cathrine and I had accepted an invitation to a masquerade party that very night before we had been invited to Eicke’s. So we left Eicke’s place around 11pm and headed to the other party with the masks we had made. This is a picture of us with our masks on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to read your post! Keep them coming.
love,
mom