background

03 February 2009

25 Random things

I was tagged by some friends to write 25 random things (facts, habits or goals)... so here it goes:
1. I love to play in the water... whatever... surfing, body surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, water polo, kayaking, rafting... whatever
2. I grew up with three brothers: Craig, Curtis and Scott
3. My favorite meal is steak and potatoes.
4. My middle name is Lee
5. I want to finish my PhD and have a job that i enjoy... I don't have to be the best, but I want to be good and I want to have fun with it
6. I learned about bacteria when I was in 7th grade and have been obsessed ever since
7. I have only had 2 really serious boyfriends
8. I love to rock out in the lab late at night or on weekends when nobody is around... the louder the better.
9. I like speed: bike/three wheelers/cars/surfboard/skis, but only when I can control it.
10. I get really nervous in a car when someone doesn't brake as early as I think they should.
11. I'm all about the "California Stop"... I know I shouldn't, but I do.
12. I really like old T-shirts... especially the old baggy ones that you get for free at places... and if they're so old they've got holes in the armpits, even better.
13. I've got a fake tooth. The original was lost in a water polo game in high school senior year two days for the winter dance and I had to have an emergency root canal the day of the dance. It was the first time I had a date for a school dance and a couple hours before, he called and said he couldn't come and I couldn't think about it or find someone new because I had a polo tournament that afternoon. Talk about a bad day. But don't worry, one of the girls on the water polo team told me I could borrow/have her date... and I did.
14. My first car was a 1980 diesel Mercedes Benz 300D, yellow, you could hear it a mile away and i LOVED that car!!! I drove it into the ground. It never counted miles the entire time I owned it.
15. I really don't like to go on hikes, I get bored. Put me on a bike instead, I can go more places faster.
16. I was born with cataracts.
17. I love to learn... to a fault. I need to know all of the intricacies of things to really get it and put the big picture all into my head.
18. I just went skiing for the first time Jan. 29, 2009 and I loved it- hey a cute guy offered to teach me... I wasn't going to pass that up.
19. I really want to do an international post-doctoral fellowship after I finish my PhD. I want to see more of the world.
20. I totally have a California accent and it comes out most when I'm nervous and/or excited.
21. I like to take chocolate chips (the kind you bake with), throw a handful into the jar of peanut butter and then fish them out with a spoon. College taught me a lot of great tips just like this one.
22. After I learned about how to syphon, my brothers and I syphoned a significant amount of water out of our jacuzzi into the pool.
23. My brothers and I used to make waves in our pool by using boogie boards at opposite corners and tried to make them so big that we could flip a person in an inner tube. Dad got pretty pissed though because of all the water that was lost, so that was short lived.
24. I LOVE ice cream. So much that I won't buy it because I'll eat it. My favorites include strawberry, chocolate mint chip and rocky road. In fact, I've been known to have a coke float for breakfast...
25. I like to paint walls and do home repair types of things, especially if it includes using power tools of some sort. I usually feel so accomplished afterwards.

OK, so I'm supposed to tag 25 people after this, I'm not going to... but I know Mom, Laura, Dilenna, Marty and Sarah D reads this... so if you get this- your tagged. :-)

No comments: