background

04 January 2010

I *heart* California


I am in the airport killing time with the Free WiFi (a holiday gift from Google apparently) waiting to go back to reality. I have had a good trip. I'll post some more pictures later and tell the stories as time goes so that it's not just one giant post. Today dad took me to the airport and we left around 6:20am or so... the sunrise was sooo pretty. Really gorgeous, deep oranges, reds and pinks lit up the sky. Of course we get sunsets in New England, but this was particularly beautiful with the silhouettes of Palm trees in the view of the sky. I'm going to miss it even though most days I was asleep when this was going on.

One other thing that I will miss is Jamba Juice. I really really love a good smoothie. There is a Jamba Juice on BU's campus, but that is of little help to me. Otherwise, there are no smoothie joints to be found in my region. Sad. Fortunately San Diego airport has one in the terminal and I can sit here and enjoy one last Caribbean Passion fruit smoothie with yogurt instead of sherbet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Michelle- Just read your post and have to let you know about "Jumpin Juice and Java" There is one in Worcester... I forget what street but not too far from WPI...Its probably not quite the same as Jamba Juice, BUT might help in between trips to CA:) Glad you had a great trip! ~Caroline