background

09 May 2010





Well, you may have read about our beach adventures in my last post, but what I failed to mention was that although it is May and we are still having spring temperatures and rain, on our perfect beach adventure, Dave and I got a bit crisp that day. We had bought some of the sunscreen shown above from Costco. We thought it would be good. It has SPF 45 and this new formula blocks both UVA and UVB rays. We thought we would like the spray sunscreen, but what we found was that even in the slightest wind you get spotty coverage. To say the least, I had major spots that just didn't get sprayed and ended up with some serious sunburn. You can even see me turning a little pink. We got home and I was a bit toasted and in a fair amount of pain. Fortunately, I had the foresight to throw some Solarcaine Aloe Spray into my bag. But you have to make sure that it dries completely before putting on clothes, so at an hour way past our bedtime, Dave covered me with spray and stood there with a cool hairdryer drying the aloe spray (with lidocaine) to make sure that it was all dry before we went to bed. He wasn't as burnt as I was, so he didn't need to be "dried" but I did. I thought it was the sweetest thing the way he looked after me when i was all burnt up. He took really good care of me. Although it certainly wasn't something that I planned on happening since it had been a while since I had been that burnt.


dinner @ cape cod, originally uploaded by mleehartman.

No comments: