background

15 June 2010

Garden and Pets

OK, so I just realized it has been over a month since I posted something here!! Wow... shame on me! I've been crazy busy, so that is why. My birthday was the 17th of May and then my parents came out for a visit and we went to a wedding in Cooperstown, NY and then I've been busy busy at work and with things here and there. I'll write a few posts on the various topics to catch you up, but here's the quiet time I've been having at home.

Remember my Canada Goose that I told you about? Well, they had babies! There were 3 but one of the babies and momma got hurt by something. They were both limping. And, sadly, baby didn't make it and now there are only two. They are growing so fast. They are best seen early in the morning on my lawn picking at the grass but they occasionally stop by in the evenings and mid-morning. Did you know that geese mate for life? True. This family is always together.






I've also been doing some "gardening" in little pots outside my apartment. I rent, so this is about all I can do, but it adds such a nice touch! I asked Dave to help me pick plants and it was so awesome how he really put effort into helping me with this. This is my first attempt to getting things to grow, so I'm pleased with the results. I'm also growing a Basil plant. I bought a small little one from the grocery store for $1.99 and planted it and it's more than doubled in size. I think it's time to make some pesto!!




No comments: