background

22 June 2010

Fireflies


Last night, my friend Dilenna from San Diego came over because she was in the area visiting her brother here so she stayed a night at my place. We ate dinner on the patio and had a lovely evening. After dinner, she and Dave and I took the canoe out to go watch the sunset on the lake. The view was blocked by trees, but it was fun anyhow. There were some "crazies" out on their motor boat and started shouting at us "Go Canada!" and "yeah, Olypians!" and "Maple leaf!" all just because there was a maple leaf on the side of our canoe. I thought it was pretty funny so I played into their little comedy... why not? Anyhow, we got back to the dock and unloaded and there were fireflies everywhere out on the lawn. I'd never seen fireflies before and they were soooo cool!!! If I hadn't been getting attacked by mosquito's the size of small birds, I might have stayed out and watched them longer. I didn't think that I was going to be able to get a picture and Dave insisted that "it's all about timing". Well, I gave up and he got the picture!!! There is only one in this picture, but I think we're lucky we got a photo at all!! Yea us! (The firefly is the one little yellow dot on the big black photo.)

1 comment:

francie said...

i so loved the first time i saw fireflies, it was in kentucky and they we so cool. enjoy your blog. c u soon,
your favorite aunt francie