background

17 June 2010

A Birthday Post

Well, since my birthday was exactly one month ago, and I've been way too crazy busy to show and tell, I'm here to tell you all about it.

David and I went to Newport for the day. I had wanted to go do something that we don't do all the time, so that was the choice. I had never done the cliff walk or seen the mansions that everyone raves about, so we went. It was a nice day, a bit chilly but not rainy. It took us about 1.5 hours to drive down there and we spent the day doing some driving to scope out the sights. Then we figured out where to park and walked along the cliffs and saw the mansions from afar. We probably should have tried to tour a couple... but that just means we need to go again!! After our lovely walk, we toured the harbor area to see what there was to see. We ended the evening at a fantastic Italian restaurant "Puerini's". Really spectacular food. We had such a great time! I wish more of the touristy things had been open like Eisenhower's house and Fort Adams... but again... another time.

Dave made an awesome breakfast for us to start the day off right!


Eisenhower's house


crazy cruise ship that dwarfed everything!


This was about all we saw of Fort Adams :( I was sad because I like touring old forts.


The official beginning of the Cliff Walk.


Another gorgeous house on the water in Newport.


Not one of the mansions, but it reminds me of houses you see in fairy tales like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.


Artsy picture of one of the mansions through its fence


Mansion


Did you know Dave could be a model? He's got the look...


I'm not quite model material, but I smile nicely for the camera. This was along the cliff walk too.


Another mansion. I'd really like to tour the inside sometime.


Another artsy photo I took of Dave. Seriously, maybe I can sell these to Ralph Lauren...


Us on the cliff walk. I'm not joking, he deleted the one good photo of us because he thought it looked bad. But you can't tell on those little camera screens! I was not happy, but this one is ok.

No comments: