background

20 December 2010

Spetses, Greece

We were on Spetses the longest compared to any other location. In some ways, that was nice because we'd been doing a lot of bouncing around. But the down-side was that I was there for work (although, if it weren't for work, we wouldn't have been able to afford such a vacation since the air fare was quite expensive). I was in Spetses for a Host-Microbes Interactions course. I don't regret going, but it was geared more for younger PhD and master students, not those about to finish their PhD! But no matter, I did enjoy it and met some nice people.

Spetses was where we relaxed. We didn't hurry to see every site that there was to see. But we did get out almost every day. David spent his days exploring and reading in the sun while I was away. It was a nice time on a beautiful island. It was by far the greenest island we had been to. The most lovely thing about it was all the secluded beaches. David rented a motor scooter and scouted out the best places for us to go on my daily 4-hour mid-day break from conferencing. We did a lot of snorkeling in these seemingly un-touched coves... it was wonderful!















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love the jellyfish!!! I want to go to there!

Anonymous said...

Aren't they wild!?! We got so many good pictures of them. I'm not going to lie, they totally freaked me out when I first saw them because they were everywhere and I'd never seen one before! But they were pretty amazing. I didn't think that they could be so colorful! The pics turned out pretty good too considering our underwater camera is only so-so.