background

28 July 2011

Big Move!

We are buying boxes today, so I guess that means it's really happening. We are moving to DC! Yup, that's right. Dave got a job at the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the Producer Price Index department. (Don't ask, I don't know!) He starts his new job August 15th so we're packing up and moving him down to our new apartment on August 9th. We're sad to leave Boston, but excited for what's to come.

As of now, Dave will be alone with Ginny until I am finished with my dissertation. I'm defending on September 7th and will help him get moved in and then come back to Worcester to wrap stuff up. I don't have a job lined up yet, but have applied for several jobs. I've been in contact with a scientist at NIH to be a post-doc, and it looks promising. I've also applied for some private-sector and government (non-post doc jobs) and hope to hear from some of those as well.

Our new residence will be in Rockville, MD in the adorable town center, complete with cute shops and restaurants. We'll be about a 3 minute walk to the metro and... wait for it... we don't have to pay for a parking spot!! (That was HUGE when we came down to look for an apartment).

So stay tuned and wish us luck!

No comments: