background

12 April 2011

Aisle Decorations

I have been racking my head trying to make decisions about what I'm going to do to decorate the wedding aisle for our ceremony. I want it to be nice, but the ceremony is short, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg just to make it look pretty. I'm going for cheap but elegant. I want the look to be as elegant and chic as my gown and the BM dresses (think ruched satin). I think I've ditched the pomander idea mostly because of cost (with real flowers) and time with paper flowers. I'm trying to write my PhD dissertation. I don't need 600 paper flowers looming over my head. These are my ideas so far.

The first idea is tying pails filled with baby's breath to the sides of the chairs like they show here. I found pails similar to the ones shown for about $2.25 each. Not too bad, but then add the cost of baby's breath.

...or, we could put the pails on the ground. The cheapest I've seen these is $3.00 each. Not awful.

I also think that jars on chairs would be cute too! You can get a case of 12 mason jars for $9 (0.75 cents a piece) I like that number!!

We could also use paper cones instead of buying jars or buckets...



an even simpler idea is to just tie a small bunch of flowers to the chairs with ribbon. (When I say small, I mean much smaller than this picture here. Maybe one yellow daisy or rose with babys breath.)

Lastly, the cost and time-efficient alternative to pomanders, is to use eyelet paper lanterns and hang them on the chairs (with plenty of ribbon) to give it a whimsical look. Each white eyelet lantern is about $2 each plus ribbon. This is the only non-floral option that I have.

What do you think??

1 comment:

Erin said...

Michelle, I love these creative ideas! The ones that really stuck out to me were the flowers inside the paper cone (loved that shabby chic look) and also the flowers tied to the chair with satin ribbons (simple yet elegant). Which option did you decide on?! I had a friend make fake pomanders using a styrofoam ball and fake flowers pushed into the ball on all sides (it looked VERY real!)