background

11 April 2011

Tissue Paper Pomander: Experiment 1

I'm pretty sure that Martha Stewart started the whole paper pom craze. Honestly, I think they are great. Theoretically easy to do and easy on the wallet, they can really add a nice touch to any party. They have spilled into the wedding world, of which I seem to be deeply submerged into, and people are doing some really creative things with modifications of these.

For example:
Can you believe that the pomanders in the picture below are made from tissue paper? I think that they are amazing!! I originally got the idea from http://ruffledblog.com but the link seems to be broken. Though these images come from the website.

Thinking I could save some serious cash by making these beauties instead of using real flowers (I mean, seriously, who would know?!?) I set out to try to make them myself. Most of you know that I am a scientist, so you would know that I test things in a stepwise fashion. I don't just do it all at once. First step was to see if I could make a tissue paper pom. The disclaimer here is that I did not have all the right supplies. I used some really non-flexible ribbon instead of wire to fasten the paper. I also had sup-par instructions that failed to mention how many sheets of tissue to use.


They did not turn out! I went to the craft store, spent 50 cents, bought myself some wire, but I still need to try it again. I will keep you posted

No comments: