background

20 April 2011

The best $40 I've ever spent!

I'm not the kind of girl that thinks it's OK to stink, even in a cast, or become totally vegetative, even on crutches. In anticipation of my foot surgery, I bought a DryPro Half Leg Cast Cover for the primary reason of being able to bathe properly. Most of you know that I'm also an avid swimmer, so being able to stay active was also critical so that I wouldn't go stir crazy sitting at home working on my dissertation.

In the shower, my DryPro works like a champ. I've never had any leaks. In the pool, I've only had one minor leak and I'm 99% sure it was because I didn't suction out all of the air first... not to mention, I was a bit overzealous in that I refused to give up my flip turns simply because I had a cast on. Flip turns are critical to not losing momentum in the pool.

Anyways, for those of you unsure about the DryPro, here are my how-to pictures. It is a product that I would recommend to everyone with a cast... especially if you like to stay active or simply for summertime fun.

This is the Dry Pro Cast cover ready to be put on. I didn't have any issues getting it over my first cast, but my boot is significantly bulkier and it's a little harder to get this on and off. The good news is that I'm OK to shower without my boot, but swimming is still out of the question, so I don't have to put it on and off too much anymore.

Once the DryPro is on, attach the bulb to the valve on the front.

Get ready to pump. It takes about 20-25 pumps to suction out all of the air from the boot so you get a good vacuum suction on it. Not to shabby for being able to shower!

**Warning** Puppies may not like that there is a slight noise when pumping air out. They like it even less when they can feel that stream of air!

I'm not in a cast here, but it was my first day out of the cast, so at this point I was still wearing my DryPro in the shower. But it looks pretty tight on the foot. When the bulb won't re-fill with anymore air, you're done pumping. Just remove the bulb and cap the valve. (This isn't complicated. Air doesn't rush in when the bulb is removed so it really is foolproof!)

And we're ready for water!

No comments: