background

12 May 2008

A Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was absolutely marvelous. On Friday night, I had a friend over and we did some food shopping for a party on Saturday and then we watched Charlie Wilson’s War (with Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks). I liked it. A good end to a good week.

Saturday was great. I had my women’s Bible study in the morning. It was really encouraging to meet with these ladies and talk about all sorts of things and challenge each other in various ways. It is really a true joy to share life with these women as they speak truth and wisdom into my life. I hope that someday I will have a similar impact on other young women.

After the study, I went home and started getting ready for the party. Whitney and I threw a joint birthday party since hers was on the 5th and mine is on the 17th. We grilled, we made sangria and we talked. It was so fun. We had the perfect turnout. There were about 8 of us and it was a good time. Here’s some pictures (the 3rd one is my favorite because that what things really look like- including the look on Marty’s face- when we’re not posing for the camera).





After we ate we went contra dancing. Now this was a lot of fun. Marty, Darren and Heidi didn’t join us for dancing, but the rest of us headed over to the monthly Worcester contra dance. We had a great time. None of the other girls had ever been before so it was fun to watch them learn how to do this. It’s fun because it’s people of all ages and you dance with everyone. There are even some dances where your partner changes every 30 seconds or so. And, when a girl is dancing the boy part, they usually wear a tie. That’s why you see Leah wearing that really handsome yellow tie  Here are some more pictures.






Sunday I went to church and afterwards I went to lunch with Darren, Ben E. and Whitney. We went to some pizza place and had some pizza and beer. It was grand. We lounged while we ate and lounged some more in the sun after we had finished. It was great because we weren’t in a hurry to get anywhere so we just enjoyed relaxing and hanging out. Then, Whitney and I went to go surprise Marianne with some flowers and a dessert for some New-England-Mother’s-Day treat. It was wonderful. We just hung out and talked for an hour or so and then we left them in peace. We’re going to see them on Wednesday for dinner. After all of that, I totally forgot to call my own mom- oops. Sorry about that mom! But, I’ll be seeing you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Mine was uneventful, just working at the Pearl (my current hotel) and hangin with the roomies. The weekend before was suuuuper though, I went out dancin too. I danced all night with every girl I could get out onto the floor, and towards the end I found a girl, Ashley, with home I spent the rest of the evening booty-shakin and chatting it up. I was having so much fun dancing with her that my friends left and I did not even notice, and the same was true of her friends, so we hung out for a while and then caught a cab home. Being a constant gentleman, naturally I offered to cover the cab fare, but then I found out that she lives all the way up in Mira Mesa, so after dropping her off and getting back home (by Qualcomm Stadium) I ended up with a $120 cab fare! Ouch! That after buying drinks for us both at ridiculous bar prices on Cinco de Mayo weekend was truly unfortunate for my poor wallet; but, so it goes, it was worth it for the awesome time we had. I am seeing her again today, so let's hope all goes well. I'll keep you posted. Love ya sis! Can't wait till you're back in 619. See you in a few weeks!