background

02 March 2009

Emergency Broadcast System


rrrrrrrrrrr....rrrrrrrrrrrrrr....rrrrrrrrrrrr "this is a test of the emergency broadcast system, this is only a test" rrrrrrrrrrr....rrrrrrrrrr.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OK, so, for the FIRST TIME EVER, I heard this for REAL, and it was NOT a test!!! Can you believe it! They actually use these! I heard the warning "rrrrrrrrrr'S" and changed the channel thinking "I hate it when they interrupt a perfectly good song on the radio to do a test". But I changed back to see if it was over and they were actually giving out directions about the up-coming gigantic storm that hit us this past night. Unbelievable. It was cool... they were saying things like "drive slowly" and "15 inches of snow expected in the Worcester area" and "driving conditions will be bad".

We did get a lot of snow. This morning I shoveled the entire driveway and half the street (that didn't get plowed thanks to my roomate who parked on the street instead of the driveway). There was at least a foot of snow at 7am and it's still snowing out there.

I am, of course, at work. It is Monday and snow storm or not, I work on Monday's. I actually might have stayed home and worked there but I had an important time point for an experiment that I started early last week and today is the last day of the experiment. Not coming today was not an option... although the place is a total ghost town right now.

No comments: