background

06 March 2009

Friday

So, last night I checked the weather before going to bed and found out that we were execting an ice storm this morning during the commute to work. I took the liberty of not setting my alarm since I didn't have to be at work until 5pm when my time point was, so that I could sleep through the storm and safely make it to work. I woke up at about 8:30 and there was no ice. But, this week I'm putting in about 80 hours in the lab so the fact that I had a slow day meant that I seriously needed to take advantage of it and catch up on some sleep. I made myself some blueberry pancakes for breakfast, took a long shower, took care of the kitty's that I'm babysitting for the week and then went to my apartment to pick up some clothes to last me until Tuesday. Picking up clothes would have been quick except that I have a date on Sunday so of course I had to make sure that outfit was perfect. I had to run to the store to pick up some stockings and then by 3pm I made it into work. Normally I would feel guilty about this but when I got to work a friend of mine said "why don't you just take the whole day off?" I no longer felt the guilt. After all, I'll be here most of Saturday.

1 comment:

Pat Smock said...

Hi Michelle!
Glad to hear that all is going well with you. Sounds like you are working hard. We're not envying your weather one bit! Brrr...... But take heart, because spring is just around the corner!

Take good care and stay warm.

Love,
Pat & Gordon