background

07 February 2011

Winter Time

Have I told you yet that Ginny LOVES the snow.... seriously, she can't get enough. We bring her to a park in our town that is just a huge field and the dogs can run run run, and that's exactly what she does. Last Thursday she was spayed and so she's been cooped up for 11 days! She is going stir crazy!!!! At first she was just uncomfortable and in pain, not to mention the cone of shame we kept on her so she wouldn't lick the stitches. We had tons of fresh powder from about 3 storms that hit that she would have LOVED to go play in. Instead, she's been bothering us to take her out every hour so she can "hunt" because she's tired of being inside. The worst part about it is that we haven't been able to even play with her much in the house. She wasn't supposed to jump or run at all. That lasted about 3 days, then she was back to new (she thought). Today is the day, she will get her stitches from the surgery out. YAY!!! I'll be working, but hopefully Dave will bring her to do some running!

Sad Puppy

Really Sad Puppy

Puppy smart enough to know that the cone of shame comes off when we take her outside to do her business.

But seriously, we have been absolutely SLAMMED with snow. Slammed! There hasn't been a full work-week since Christmas. This week just might break that streak though. Snow is expected for tomorrow, but only 1-2" and a high of 32. Nice and warm! Is it sad that when it's 32 I feel like I don't really need my heavy jacket?? Starkly contrasted to Thursday, where the high is expected to be 19, I will be doubly-bundled up! Since I don't know where I'll be next year, I'm trying to enjoy ALL of the seasons of New England. So far, so good. This is probably the most intense winter we've had here in terms of precipitation, although similar to my first year here 5 years ago... maybe nature is rounding everything out for me as I prepare for a new adventure!










3 comments:

Erin said...

I can't believe these pictures of the snow and the ice! WOW! It seems like your adorable puppy is enjoying it very much though :)

Jessica said...

Im so jealous of your snow! i wish we had winter...

Sunny~Honny said...

I really think your lovely puppy likes it very much, Smile!!!!