background

06 February 2011

2011, a BIG year!

Well everyone, as I'm sure you know by now, This year will bring a lot of new changes and a lot of exciting times! I'm sorry that it's February 6th and I'm just not posting regularly. Part of that is because I am trying to graduate!!! I have a thesis committee meeting on March 11th and I am desperately hoping that on that day, I will be given permission to write my dissertation!!! If you don't know, to graduate with a PhD in the sciences, you don't just reach your 4th year and automatically get your diploma. Noooooo not at all like that! A committee, chosen by myself and my thesis advisor, decides when I've sufficiently proven that I deserve a PhD. I'm lucky because I've got great faculty on my committee and they are all rooting for me to be finished soon! I'll say this. I don't think I deserve a PhD at all. I think I'm lucky to finish this darn thing and am wildly exstatic that I've fooled them enough to think that I might actually be worthy! But don't tell them that or they might change their minds! So. Big year. If I start writing my dissertation in March, I will defend in July, although I will walk in the commencement ceremony on June 5th, also my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad, I'm actually graduating!!! I hope. So keep those fingers crossed.

Other events going on in 2011 include Dave's GRADUATION with his Masters degree in Economics (May), my GRADUATION with my PhD in July. We are GETTING MARRIED (more in the next post) in October. We will find jobs. ???? Aaaahhh... seriously, why do you have to stress me out like that!?! Jobs, well, I hope so. Where? No idea. We hope to go abroad. We'll see. If we don't go abroad, we'll be moving west. Perhaps not CA, but definitely closer. What will we do? Whoa... way too soon to be asking that!! You think that last question induced stress, well, the "What" question absolutely paralyzes me. Let's not go there. Anyways, all together it implies that we will also be MOVING.

Graduations, moving and getting married. Like I said. Big year 2011!!!

No comments: