background

24 July 2008

Build Up

It amazes me how just a few words can either make or break a day. Recently, I’ve had several people say encouraging things to me and it really lifts the spirits. Just last week, my dad sent me an e-mail telling me how proud he is of me and that he loves me. On Tuesday I got a note card in the mail from a friend from church/work that was just really encouraging. Wednesday I got a short note from a friend that was also very positive. Today I got an e-mail from my mom that was just very happy with lots of good news and fun stories that made me smile.

All of this just spurred me on to write a few notes of encouragement to other people in my life who I love. It’s nice to spread joy and encourage people who are down. Who can you encourage?

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you are finding joy in the little goodies of life. That news makes me smile too! Thanks for sharing your words.
love
mom