background

04 April 2009

Before I die:


This afternoon I was harvesting some green-fluorescent Mycobacterium and while I was waiting for the centrifuge (three times) I started thinking about some of the things in life that I want to do and see before I die. There’s a book that lists 100 places to go before you die, but I’ve never seen it… this all comes from the people I’ve met along my way. These are not in any particular order… they are just as I think…

1. Go skydiving
2. Surf in Hawaii
3. Surf in Australia
4. See a whale while whale-watching
5. Go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras
6. Go to Rio (Brazil) for Carnival
7. Go to Munich for Oktoberfest
8. Go to Dublin for St. Patrick’s Day
9. Go to Glacier National Park in Montana before the glaciers melt
10. Backpack across Europe
11. Ski in the Alps
12. Snorkel where I can see tropical corals
13. Lay on a beach in Greece
14. See the pyramids in Egypt
15. Go on a safari in Africa (my grandma went on one in Kenya and said it was fabulous)
16. See the ancient Incan Empire
17. See the ruins of the Mayan Empire in Mexico or Guatemala
18. Go to Japan… anywhere… I hear it’s beautiful
19. See a bullfight and the running of the bulls in Spain
20. Live in a foreign country

I think I’ll actually do a lot of these…

1 comment: