background

17 April 2009

My Day Off

I officially took today off. Originally I thought that my aunt and uncle were coming in to town today instead of tomorrow so I planned on taking the day off. When I found out on Thursday that they were actually coming on Saturday (at 7 am-yikes!) it was too late to make plans for the lab so I decided to have a mental health day. It was glorious. It was at least 70 degrees out so after running some errands, I went on a 13.5 mile bike ride (first time I've had the bike out since last year), then I went for a 30 minute jog because I just needed more sun, then I lifted weights for 30 minutes, then I swam laps for about 45 minutes. All followed by a long shower. The day is ending with me painting my fingernails and typing this blog. It felt sooo good to feel the sun on my skin again. Too bad this weekend will not be more of the same. I'm sure glad I took advantage of today!

No comments: