background

19 April 2009

Minuteman Trail Run


On day two of my aunt and uncle being here in town, while my Aunt Listy, Kim and Cory (the three marathon runners) were scouting the race terrain, my Uncle Bob, Reuben and I went for a run on the Minuteman Trail starting in Lexington.

Believe it or not, it is not easy to figure out which direction to start in so we chose, accidentally, the wrong way. We ended up in the heart of Lexington at a memorial that was erected on this very day in 1775... what are the odds that we should see this on April 19th! Pretty cool. But we did want to run the trail since my Aunt Listy rates this as in her top 10 runs ever, so we turned around and got back on the trail.

We started going and saw some pretty cool stuff along the trail- including the Patriots Day re-inactors in their tents and some old buildings but it was pretty cool. We were running for about 1:30 hours and it felt great!!

More another day... we're off to the Red Sox game!

No comments: