background

27 September 2009

Boston Night #2


Saturday Night I spent out in Boston again. I have a new friend, Farahana, who came to UMass to learn some confocal microscopy all the way from Cambridge England. She's been here about a month and in her last week here, she decided to spend it hanging around Boston and seeing the sights. So, on Saturday night, I drove into town and we went out to dinner in the North End, when then went to a club the Purple Shamrock in Fanueil Hall for some drinks and dancing. We were having loads of fun and the DJ at Purple Shamrock was really great. One of Farahana's friends who is a 1st year med-student at Harvard came and she had a birthday party for a guy Walter that she had to go to, so we crashed. We ended up in a dive bar out in Cambridge with a bunch of insanely nerdy Harvard med students (complete with NO social skills) and danced it up. The place was small and people were literally jam-packed on the dance floor... ah memories. I stayed at the hotel that Farahana and her friend Jee were staying in at the Hilton in Back Bay. I brought my sleeping bag and a foam pad to sleep on and we all crashed. We woke up at noon (no joke) and ended up at a 2:15pm brunch at Stephanie's on Newbury Street. It was such a lovely time.

I've now been invited to tour Italy with these girls, visit a summer home in Austria and crash in Cambridge (England) or London any time... I may take them up on that. :)

No comments: