background

03 September 2009

Scandalous


Today I was unbelievably giddy as I looked at the clock at 3:30 and realized that I could go home soon. It felt so... scandalous. Today was the first day this week I left the lab before 10 PM. You can imagine how incredibly happy I was when I left at 5. Ha Ha... can you believe it?!? 5 PM!!!

It's like my soul was screaming wildly happy thoughts... like I was 6 years old with ice cream and a slip-n-slide. I had the most ridiculous grin on my face... the way an outlaw might smile when he knows he's about to get away with robbing a bank. When I realized my work was done, I beat it. Got outta the lab so smoothly you would have never known I was there.

So, you know what I did? I laughed all the way to the YMCA, I hit the pool, I made an amazing Jalfrezi stir-fry, baked a cake and painted my toenails pink. Yup. And now I'm telling you about it. And I've still got that crazy grin on my face.

No comments: