background

30 September 2009

Seriously?

Moving day was set for this Saturday. My stuff is in boxes. I was supposed to get the key and sign the official lease last night. But instead, I got a call about 2 hours before I was supposed to meet the landlord saying his wife (who takes care of this part of things) was at a meeting late and couldn't make it, she'll call tomorrow (Wednesday) and set something up with you. I said sure, no problem, I'll be around. Get a call from her this morning at about 10:30 saying that they are unable to rent me the room that I've been waiting for for the past MONTH because of some "new" law in Worcester about a landlord not renting a property to more than 3 unrelated individuals. The house has 4 rooms. 3 upstairs in the main house and the basement "apartment" (without a proper kitchen) that I was going to rent. Everything was set. Until 2 DAYS BEFORE I MOVE!!! Son of a gun...

I'm a pretty logical person. In about 10 minutes, I gave them two other very reasonable options that they could do... ie: raise the rent and then rent only 2/3 of the three bedrooms and call the 3rd an "office". Or, rent me the downstairs apartment and someone else the whole upstairs. Sounds simple right?

Well, after that, she had the audacity to suggest another apartment to me that they had on another property. It was nice, but a studio and not as close as I wanted it to be (at least for the hassle of moving etc. It didn't feel right, so I turned them down. She ended with saying that they are going to try to work something out... but it will take some time. No matter what, they are screwing me... intentional or not, doesn't matter. It feels the same to me.

Needless to say, I ended up in tears... following with one heck of a headache... followed by delirium and now just fatigue. I'm very upset, as I'm sure you can imagine. I only hope that this will not be a problem for me to stay in my current location for a bit longer. Aaarggg....

No comments: