background

06 October 2009

Move Update


So here's the new news on the move. Turns out my former landlord is completely unaware of MA law about tenancy. She told me although she felt sorry about my situation of the move, I needed to be out by Saturday because someone else was moving in. Seriously?!? Ok, so called up the people who had showed me the "alternate" apartment that they were renting. I said I'd take it, I called up jumper boy, and the move was on for Friday (it was anticipated to pour down rain all weekend, so I took Friday off work to move).

I got a futon, coffee table and lamp from a friend who is moving to Germany in December. I had some things. I am inheriting a dresser from another guy moving to Germany this month. And, I am so blessed, some friends of mine (more like family really) took me to a place where they sell unfinished furniture and bought me a cabinet and table for my kitchen (with chairs). I was not expecting that at all!! So nice!!

It took some getting used to, but I love my new place. It's right on Lake Quinsigamond on the Shrewsbury side (bonus- the Shrewsbury address lowers my car insurance!!) But literally, ten steps outside my door is a dock, with a kayak and a canoe. It's a basement "apartment" (without a stove/oven) in a duplex condo. It's basically a studio apartment with a mini-kitchen and it's own bathroom. I have access to the kitchen upstairs and the guys living there seem friendly. There is a door separating the kitchen & bathroom from the living area/bedroom

I scrubbed the apartment like crazy the night before (only hours after the previous tenant moved out). The apartment is getting painted soon. I picked out some colors already (landlords let me pick the paint!). I was told it's getting painted on Saturday, but I'm not sure it will be finished by then. However, there is a funky smell in the bathroom. We are going to figure it out though... not sure if it's mold or just icky...

Today I rode my bike 3.54 miles (one-way) to work and back. No major hills like my previous 5.2 mile commute that killed! I think this will be a good arrangement. A lovely ride...

I'll get up some pictures of the inside once it's not so crazy in here!.

No comments: