background

06 October 2009

A Dusk Kayak Adventure


Today I got home at a reasonable hour. I decided that the lake looked too inviting for me to not go out on a kayak. My upstairs house-mate Court said that I was more than welcome to take his kayak out because the canoe is heavy for just one person. I took him up on it and as the sun was going down, I embarked. It was so peaceful out there on the water. I got wet, but I didn't care. It was perfect! I was out for about 30 minutes before I decided it was much too dark for me to be out there. So I paddled on back. It got confusing because the reflections of light on the water made it difficult to tell what was what. But I made it! I think this will be a regular outing for me. It's good for the soul.
Here's more pictures of my lake (and swans) that I took when it was still light out:



And of course, the little red canoe:

No comments: