background

09 October 2009

When I need a Pick-Me-Up


Recently, when I need a pick-me-up because I'm feeling sad or lonely or stressed, I pull up this picture of my nephew Corbin who only just turned 4 months old... isn't he the cutest!?! But then of course I feel the need to go onto Facebook and go through all the pictures of this little guy... just warms my heart right up.

I haven't even met him. He's in CA and I"m in MA. He was born in May and I'll see him for the first time around Christmas. Honest truth though, I didn't even know this kind of love existed. I look at my brother's kid and am so filled with love I can't even believe it. Let me make myself clear, I don't feel this way about all babies... but this one belongs to my brother... he's special... and I love him... and he makes me smile.

No comments: