background

06 June 2008

I Love the Beach

So, as I've been back in MA... with a little bit of rainy weather, i am reminded of how much I love the beach. When I was at home, I had the good fortune of spending one afternoon at Coronado beach. I love it there... there's lots of space to spread out and it's just quieter than other beaches. I also like it because there's a naval base right next to the beach and so i get to watch all the jets coming and going. There's something very comforting about knowing that there's a Navy base right near by. The shortcoming of this beach is there really aren't very good waves. For that you've got to go to PB or La Jolla. But the water was warm (~65)and waves are still better than what you'd find on the Cape. Here's a picture of that. I'm really not as far from the water as I may appear. But two days later, my cousin Annie and I went up to La Jolla for a few hours before my brother's wedding rehersal. We soaked up the sun and bonded and I got to enjoy the water again.

When I was at home, I got to see a bunch of people that I don't normally get to. I saw grandparents and cousins and Aunt's and Uncle's. And Bonus- my brother Curtis who is stationed in Korea in the Army even came out for the wedding... he's in the picture of me and my Grandma and Dad. He looks great don't you think?!? I saw my friend Christy which was a treat because she and her husband live in Uganda. I also got to catch up with my friends Dilenna and Chad. They just had a 2nd baby girl on April 1st and she is just so cute. We had dinner one night and then we met up one morning to go walking around our long-time favorite hang out spot Lake Murray. We can't make it all the way around anymore because 2 year old's don't last long in the stroller. :) All in all, it was a good trip. I really enjoyed spending time with friends I hadn't seen in a while and just hanging out.



Many more details from my brother Craig's wedding is next... but it's so hard to choose pictures!!

1 comment:

inpursuitofTheWord said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.