background

16 June 2008

New England Summer Weekend #1

So, this past weekend was the first that actually felt like a summer weekend. It started on Friday night. My friend Michelle Harris had a shindig at her house in Billerica, MA which included a barbeque and a bonfire. It was a really good time. I saw a bunch of people that I haven't seen in a while which was great.

Then, on Saturday, I went with some friends to Salisbury Beach. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Salisbury+Beach,+Salisbury,+MA,+USA&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title I went with some of those friends who I hadn't seen in a while… it was a lot of fun. It was a perfect day, the water was warm and the company was good. After relaxing in the sun with a book for a few hours we headed over to Brown's http://www.brownslobster.com/ in Seabrook Beach, NH. One of the girls that was with us is moving to PA to get married soon. She grew up eating at this place, so we went. I was weary at first. Mostly because there was an insane line to order food and an even more ridiculous wait to get the food that you ordered. The way this place worked was that you line up outside and order the food… like at a Dairy Queen or taco shop that you can't walk into. Then, there is an inside where you sit and eat (think cafeteria) which is also where you order steamers or lobster. I had baked stuffed scallops… my favorite! The food was impressive despite my skepticism… incredibly fresh and just plain good. The place was packed, and now I know why the line was so long to order food. It was good we went here because across the street there was an ice cream shop with a sign in front that said "order your Father's day cake here". Dominic saw the sign and said "is Father's day this Sunday?" We looked at each other with the look that said 'huh' and then decided that it must be… thank goodness we saw that sign, because I had no clue… After I got home and showered, I caught up with my friend Whitney and we went to go see Made of Honor (with the incredibly good-looking Patrick Dempsey). We both really liked it, so if you get the chance, see it.


Sunday I worked. Need I say more? (After I called dad of course- but he wasn't home.) I had errands to run, work to do and people to see. I was too exhausted to watch the Celtics (barely) loose to the Lakers… but I have high hopes that they do well tonight… go Celtics! The week has started with a bang! I'm super busy this week with some lab work, but it's exciting stuff, so it's worth the effort.

No comments: