background

25 July 2009

Beautiful Saturday



Check out these pictures of my nice quiet street. Doesn’t it look like an incredible day out? It is. It’s perfect. About 83°F, not a cloud in the sky, perfect. I haven’t left the house either. :-) I slept in, woke up slow, did some reading, did some laundry, mosied around the house in my PJ’s… it’s been glorious. There aren’t too many days I get to do this. Most days I have to go go go. Today I don’t have to, so why? If I had someone that I know would want to go hiking, I would, because I think I could muster up the enthusiasm for that, but today I’m feeling lazy and I don’t want to go all by my lonesome self. I was invited to go spend the day at a friend’s house on the cape, but I got the invitation too late and wouldn’t have gotten there until about 3pm after sitting in traffic for a couple hours. So I declined. I did just venture out to the end of my driveway to get the mail… mostly to test the waters to see if I would actually like to leave the house. I may go to the rail trail for a walk along the river.

Three things may stop me from going. 1. When I went to get the mail, I saw a bug, the kind that stings, which reminded of certain outdoor hazards so an outing would require bug spray. 2. Leaving would mean that I have to put on a bra and the girls like to be free… especially in the summertime. (This is actually a very serious consideration). 3. I am being productive working at my desk with the windows open feeling the nice breeze… so it’s almost like I’m out enjoying the day.

Hmmm… what do you think?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I dont think I really needed to know that little fact about the girls. thanks, though :)