background

12 July 2009

Summer Perfume


On Saturday, my friend Orla and I went hiking at Mount Greylock. I had always heard that the Berkshires is one of the best places to hang out in Massachusetts if you're into hiking etc. So, since it was an incredible day, we decided to make the two hour trek out to go for a hike.

We did a couple things wrong. First, we got there a little late, so the big hike was out of the question. Second, we did not anticipate the serious thunder storm that was on it's way in by the tie we started. Third, we took the ranger's advice and did the short Round's Rock loop which took us only 1.5 hours and was about 3.5 miles or so and we could have done a longer hike. It was a very easy trail that didn't challenge us much and since there was no climbing, there was no great view.

The good news is that we really liked the park a lot and are planning another trip out there soon! So, now we know...

You'll be glad to find out that due to my heavy dousing in OFF! Deep Woods Sportsman bug spray, I didn't get a single mosquito bite! I'm pretty sure that is a first!

No comments: