background

06 April 2010

Down the Road


hume 23, originally uploaded by mleehartman.

“If we can recognize that change and uncertainty are basic principles, we can greet the future and the transformation we are undergoing with the understanding that we do not know enough to be pessimistic.”
-Hazel Henderson

How great is this quote? As I gear up to finish my PhD and look for a job, this reminds me that we can't be depressed about the outlook of our futures or lack of job openings or any of the various degrees of uncertainty. Instead, we should be excited about the adventure that lies ahead.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Hey Mickey! (Although I'm know you now go by Michelle, I can't help it!)

I just wanted to leave a note. How incredible you almost done with your PhD!! Congrats. That is A LOT of work. And I am in no way surprised since in our 4 short years in HS you always worked hard and were super successful.

And you are so right, you never know what lies ahead. It is so easy to worry about what might or might now happen, and then all of a sudden you find yourself down an entirely different path (i.e. married with 2 kids as I was finishing my MBA...) The great news is you have worked your tail off, put some fancy letters behind your name, and something always works out.

Good luck and best wishes :)

Suzanne