background

20 April 2010

UMass beauty


IMG_0057, originally uploaded by mleehartman.

UMass is a very ugly place recently. There is lots of construction going on, which overall makes it very noisy with dirt everywhere. I don't really like dirt, but that's besides the point. One thing here that is spectacular is that at the base of all the trees on the front lawns of the school, there are red and yellow tulips that pop up annually to announce the presence of spring. I'm a complete sucker for flowers, which you might not have guessed had it not been for all my recent posts with pictures of blossoms. So when I walk on campus and I see these pretty flowers blooming underneath the trees, I forget about all the noise and construction for a few seconds and it lightens my mood. (ps- forgive the quality of the photo, it was taken with my iPhone)

No comments: