background

09 May 2009

Best Sangria Recipe


I LOVE Sangria... I just finished making some for a house-warming party that I'm going to tonight. For other Sangria lovers out there, here's one to try. (warning- this is a sweet version)

1 Bottle of Red wine*
juice of 4 oranges
juice of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 or 1 lime (depending on how well it juices)
1/3 c sugar
1 oz Triple Sec or Brandy

Mix and let it marinate for a few hours or overnight in the fridge before serving

Just before serving, mix with 1 Liter of seltzer water (I tend to use seltzer water with a hint of Lime) and add sliced fresh limes/oranges/lemons to the pitcher

*I've had the best luck with blended wines like Yellow Tail Shiraz-Cabernet but I also have used Penfolds Koonuga Hill Merlot and it turned out great

No comments: