background

30 May 2009

Only a couple days left

Well, to be honest here, I am starting to tire out... I have been walking non-stop since I got here and sleeping in places I'm not used to... and I am missing my bed! I really am loving my time here in Germany though and am SO glad that I took the time to take a break from my ever-exhausting thesis research.

I am loving the culture, the sights, and the not working!! I have made it a point to not do constant sight-seeing. I have taken time to slow down, cruise along the shops and sit and read my book either along the Neckar, Isar and tomorrow, the Rhine rivers.

Tomorrow I am going to cruise around Köln (Cologne) and relax with my book some more. Köln is the next big city that is only 20-30 minutes from Bonn. It is the 3rd largest city in Germany with lots to do. In the evening, I will go to dinner with my friends Veit, Andrea and Franz who are here in Bonn working hard (even on a Saturday).

Sunday I will spend in Frankfurt with a woman who I don't actually know (yet). As it works out, a friend of mine from the lab out in Worcester has a sister in Frankfurt and when she found out I was going to be flying in and out of that city, she wrote her sister immediately so that we could meet and she could show me around the town. I thought that was very sweet of her! Monday is a holiday out here and she is even going to bring me to the airport! How nice is that?!?!

Anyhow, there is still lots to see and people to meet, so I'll make sure to put up lots of pictures when I get back to my computer in the states.

1 comment:

Birdy said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. It sounds like an amazing adventure!