background

12 May 2009

Star Trek - The Movie


Loved it! Want to see it again!

I like to blame my dad for my less-than-cool fondness of Star Trek. We (my brothers and I) grew up watching that show because we had 1 TV in the house and if dad was home, he had "control" of the TV. Dad liked Star Trek. He did not chain us to the couch and make us watch the show, I could have gone outside or up to my room and done something else... but I did not. I watched it with him and my brothers. Honestly, I always thought the science and things they did in that show were totally cool. We grew up watching "Star Trek: Next Generation" with Captain Jean-Luc Picard and when the original was on, we'd watch Captain James Kirk... I did like that show although you would never know that deep inside this cool outer shell lies a "Trekkie".

Well, I will say it again... I loved this movie. It didn't hurt that they picked one hot Captain Kirk! Spock was cute too in his own boyish way... and I kinda loved how he had the girl that Kirk wanted!

I hope they do a "pre-quel" to Next Generation!

No comments: