background

21 May 2009

Hi From Heidelberg

Hi everyone... I'm updating my blog from Germany...

First of all, I'd like to mention that I am using a German keyboard and this takes me longer to write... my first sentence would look like this if I were using an American keyboard:

Hi everzone... Iäm updating mz blog from Deütschland

(not much of a difference, but the "Y" isn't in the same place and neither is the punctuation stuff. Oh well...

Yesterday (Wednesday) I landed in Frankfurt at 10:45 am. I took the red eye flight from Chicago that left Monday at 7:30pm. I was destroyed yesterday but today am not so jetlagged. I was in bed by 9pm and woke up at 9am. Yesterday my friend Andrea and I walked around a bit... I saw her lab at the University of Heidelberg (she had to finish something up that she stopped to come get me at the train station) and I also saw the botanical gardens that are right by her lab. We also saw Marktplatz that is in downtown Heidelberg (right next to her apartment) and we went to the Old Bridge "Karl-Theodor Brücke". The original wooden bridge that was originally there was flooded and destroyed and was replaced by this beautiful "new" bridge is still pretty old though. :-)

Today we went to the Heidelberg Schloss (the old castle) which is basically a middle-age ruin. It was pretty cool... with some nice gardens and a German Apotheke museum. Then we went to a grassy area on the side of the Neckar river with a blanket and our books to relax and read a little bit. It is a really popular place for students to hang out at and it was pretty crowded... it was fun until it started raining. Then we came back to her flat and read a bit here while she washed a load of towels and then we went to the "Philosophenweg" which is a nice walk with an arduous climb to the top but a beautiful view of the city from there.

It was a really nice couple of days... I will be in Heidelberg through Sunday when I move on to München.

Pictures to follow when I return to the States. I didn't bring my computer link for the camera.

Having loads of fun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle.
Hope you have a great vacation. Enjoy every minute of it!
Laura