background

09 August 2009

All in a day's work


Today was Sunday... a very busy day. I was considering spending some time at the gym, but there was a lot of housework to be done and so after church, I decided to stay at home and bust out some chores... yesterday I had already dusted the entire downstairs, swept the floors, washed my car and mowed the lawn before heading out to Art in the Park. So what was left for today was washing the windows outside and inside, cleaning all the molding along the floors (yuck!), take out the trash, paint the bathroom and the trim!! (yup, you heard me), then clean that bathroom along with mopping the floors, and then to wind down at the end of the day, I took out my sewing machine to make some straps for the sonicator at work. (I realize that sounds weird... so I'll explain another time!)

But as you can see above, our bathroom is looking good! It really was gross. I had painted it January 2008 complete with primer and two coats of this light sea blue color that I chose. But the room gets used constantly and it really needed a touch up! The trim had not been painted since before my roommate Lynn bought the place, so it was even cracking a bit. I caulked the cracks, along with the shower and sink, let it dry and then "white-washed" it! It really looks so nice and fresh! Exactly the same, but fresher!! I didn't have to buy anything but caulking and a roller because I had leftover paint from the original paint job. So I just brought the can of paint and what I used for the trim down to Ace Hardware and they shook it up for me! :-) Awesome!

No comments: