background

09 August 2009

Art in the Park

On Saturday, my friends John and Marianne and I went down to Elm Park in Worcester to take a look at an outdoor art exhibit that will be on display until early October. It was an absolutely perfect day for it and we saw some cool things like planets made out of metal scraps and gazebos made out of old pianos... most everything there was made out of scraps. It was pretty cool! We had a very nice afternoon finished off with dinner at the Sole Proprietor. Here's some pictures of my favorites:
This gazebo made from an old piano was my favorite by far!!!



John loved the VW bus that was turned into a toaster. It was complete with a button on one end to make the toast come out, and on the other end, a dial to make your toast darker or lighter!

This nest and eggs was all made from debris that resulted from our major ice storm this past December that left thousands of people, including me, without power for over a week!


I thought these ivy planters were pretty cool. There is a solar powered lantern hanging above the English ivy that is growing there... I bet it's super cool at night!

1 comment:

Concord Carpenter said...

I like the glass panels and fish ~ very cool!