background

18 August 2009

A Bloody Mess

So, no doubt you've seen the pictures of my fun little kayaking adventure... what I left out, so as not to mingle good times with injuries, was that I got a bad gash on my finger from pulling the paddle in too close to the boat… there was something protruding from the boat itself and then it met my finger. I had a flap of skin moving around and a ton of blood gushing from it. As you can see, it is still ugly. :(

Girls are supposed to have pretty fingers. I do not. I’ve decided that pretty hands and fingers are for people who don’t use them properly.

Right before my body started shaking due to blood loss and/or the mere sight of blood (yes, I'm a bit of a wus when it comes to blood):

About two hours afterwards:

Tuesday (3 days later):

No comments: