background

03 August 2009

Preparations

I must get ready for my week in the lab. That usually means that I am on the go 24/7 and have to be ready. I don't like to buy my lunches and dinners for two reasons: It's not as healthy compared to what I would bring and I'm too cheap to buy lunch when bringing my own is about 1/3rd the cost. So, Last night I...

Packed the gym bag and put it in my trunk
Chopped half a watermelon
Washed and tore one head of lettuce
Browned 1.27 lb hamburger meat with taco seasoning
shredded 2 cups cheddar cheese
peeled and chopped one bag of carrots and one bag of celery
chopped 2 bell peppers
grilled 3 chicken breasts
washed and prepped 1 bag of cilantro
washed 1 pint blueberries and 1 bag of cherry tomatoes on the vine.
Cooked 1.5c brown rice

I am officially ready for a week of chicken/rice/green bean dinners and salad with taco meat for lunch... yogurt with blueberries for breakfast... and watermelon and carrots for snacks... all week. I have no problem eating the same thing every day. Doesn't bother me a bit. By Wednesday I'll be ready for a bit of a mix up, but the good news is, all I have to do is add one new thing and we're there!!

No comments: