background

15 August 2009

Hopkinton State Park

Today was so nice out. Really the nicest day of summer that we've had. I tried calling some people, but was unable to recruit anyone to go have some fun, so I decided to hit the lake myself. I went to Hopkinton State Park, it took me about 35 minutes (with traffic) to get there, but from about 1:30 to 5 I was chillin. I started my adventure by renting a kayak and heading out for some paddling fun. I had a really great time. The water was great. I even docked the boat for a bit to take a dip in the water. After some paddling around, I took my chair and book and just hung out at different spots at the park just checking out the different places to go. Check out my pictures!

On the Lake:



After my scandalous swim (I'm not sure if I was allowed to be swimming, but those of you who know me know that I can hardly resist a body of water calling my name!)


Resting Spots where I sat and read and relaxed:
First spot, in a meadow next to the lake, secluded, with pretty flowers all around me.


2nd Spot, leaning against a tree on a rock. I moved because there was a woman attempting to breastfeed a not-so-quiet baby behind me and some really "interesting" females jumped in the quiet water that I sat in front of.



3rd spot: Perfect! Until a mosquito the size of a small bird landed on my shoulder and take a snack on my sweet blood. But that's when I decided it was time to swim again. It's good for the soul.

No comments: