background

29 April 2008

Less of me, more of God.

I was reading this morning in Galatians about living a life that’s totally in-tune with God. It says the following in one small section of what I was reading:

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

Awesome. Great. But how can I really be this all the time?

I was reading this before work today because yesterday I was in the kind of mood where I could have painted “LEAVE ME ALONE” on my forehead. (I will admit that I’m sure that I didn’t need a sign on my forehead for people to pick up on this). And I didn’t want that to happen again today. Granted, yesterday I was tired and feeling the onset of a cold, but I wasn’t feeling love, joy, patience (uh especially this one) or gentleness. I figured, if I start my day totally focused on God, then how things can go wrong? But they do… and it is sometimes a battle for me to remember that I don’t live this life for me… I live it for the One who has sent me. But, if I’m overflowing with His love- that comes from a life of total submission to Him- then it’s easier. Today was a better day.

No comments: