background

18 April 2008

Spring Fever

This weekend is going to be beautiful! Today the high is 77. Woo hoo! I am so excited! Monday is a holiday- Patriots Day. We’re the only state in the country that celebrates this. But if we didn’t celebrate it, we wouldn’t have a 3-day weekend in April. Seriously, Massachusetts celebrates all the lowly holidays such as MLK Day, President’s Day, Columbus Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day and Veterans Day. And of course, the obvious 4th of July, New Years, Christmas and Thanksgiving. At San Diego State the only holiday we got off was Caesar Chavez Day (and they usually stuck it on the end of Spring Break so we didn’t really get the day off of classes)… people out here don’t even know who he was! But, I’m not complaining. I like the fact that I can count on a 3-day weekend almost once every month. Although, as a graduate student, the unspoken rule is that I am expected to be in the lab anyways… but things are much more lax on holidays and weekends. Good times. I think it’s time for me to put away the thick winter sweaters and bust out the tank tops and shorts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not fair! Not only do you have better weather this weekend than we do...but you get an extra holiday off! What happened to CA? I love the idea of a holiday in April. You guys have it all worked out! Lucky!
love,
mom