background

03 April 2008

Name that Blog

Ok, well, it’s official… I am totally naïve when it comes to certain things in life. I chose the title “Sunny Hunny” for two reasons. First, I am from sunny San Diego and in general am a very positive person- thus the “sunny”. Second, I am a girl and I thought using “Hunny” instead of “girl” was cuter. Plain and simple. I remembered that word “Hunny” because when we were growing up, my brother Scott used to joke around about trying to impress the “hunnies” (as in girls). Microsoft Word doesn’t recognize “Hunny” or “Hunnies” as real words. Wikipedia also doesn’t recognize “hunnies” but when you search for” hunny”, immediately re-directs you to the page that explains the history of Winnie the Pooh. Apparently Pooh Bear couldn’t spell and thought that “honey” was spelled “hunny”. When you google hunny, you get the same result. But if you google “hunnies” you get some links to some adult websites and other groups of girls who play softball etc. who also thought it was cute. The urban dictionary describes the term “hunnie” as a term of endearment that a boy might use to address (or refer to) his girl. This is what I was going for, except, like Pooh Bear I couldn’t spell it right and therefore have gotten it wrong. To be honest, I still think it’s cute… but tell me what you think.

Should I change it? I’m going to put it up for vote… I’m trying to decide on a more permanent name for my blog anyhow… the website will be the same, but the title can change. I’m putting some alternatives up on a poll… please vote on what you think would be best. I’ll leave the poll up for about a week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. Wonderful website! wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miche,

love the site; enjoying the tour so far. The name is fine. My first impression of it was "adolescent"; not the content but the name. That's ok i guess - keeps you young.

peace
g