background

26 April 2008

Weekend

Today is Saturday and it is going to be a good day. I just came from my women’s Bible study where we talked about keeping all of our “hula-hoops” of life going but with a peace and focus that comes from being centered in Christ. It was awesome to get to know these ladies even more and to talk about things that really matter. The truth is, we all struggle with the juggling act of life and if we’re not careful, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and overburdened with the small stuff. But when our gaze is set on God and we only glance at the things around us, our vision (think big picture here) is more clear.

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:18

Aside from that- today I’m going to my friend Lynn’s house. We’re gonna play a little tennis and maybe sit out in the sunshine (if it comes out) and read for a bit. I’m really looking forward to it. And tomorrow after church, weather permitting, I’m going to go play ultimate frisbee with some UMass’ians (now that it’s nice out there’s an organized pick-up game every Sunday). So take care and let me know how things are going with you.

No comments: