background

07 April 2008

Rockin' in the Lab

I have exactly 7 minutes and 23 seconds to write this blog today… we’ll see how it goes. I came into the lab at my leisure yesterday to plan for the week. Honestly, I thought that this would take maybe 45 minutes. 3 hours later, I left the lab, but satisfied with all that I plan to do. I’m going to rock in lab this week. Wednesday is going to be my long day. I’ll start at about 7:30 am and leave around 11pm. But, if I get more pretty pictures, it will be worth it. If I don’t get good results, I’ll be frustrated. Let’s hope for the best. The rest of the week consists of some miscellaneous experiments (mostly repeats of things that I’ve already done). In science, you need to repeat something at least 3 times before anyone will consider it a possibility… so this week, I repeat. Only one thing scares me… my boss would like to come in the lab and help me out. He’s excited about my project and wants to help me publish this ASAP. I’m really not so sure about this. This means that he’ll be IN the lab. YIKES! This may not be good. I’ll probably spend more time helping him than getting things done. We’ll have to talk about it on Thursday when he gets back from his Immunology conference in San Diego. In a nut shell, I’m excited about what the week will bring me at work. Rock on! PS- 1 minute and 2 seconds to spare.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

right on! lets test some hypotheses, wooo!!! i hear scientists rock harder than anyone. is bon jovi gonna be there?

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle! This week no doubt you will figure out the cure for many diseases! And your boss will be with you the whole way. Yayyyyy!