background

28 April 2008

Work Hard, Play Hard

Now that the weather is nice (with the exception of this rainy week- which is much needed) I have been starting up again with my summer sports. This includes biking, running, tennis, golf and ultimate frisbee. Let’s just say, I’m getting re-acquainted with some muscles that haven’t been used in a while.

This weekend I ran on Friday. I wasn’t hurting much from that except the residual quadriceps soreness from biking last weekend. Saturday I played tennis for a few hours with my friend Lynn. My “twisting muscles” (latisimus dorsi), triceps, biceps and forearms are a tad sore from that. Sunday I played ultimate frisbee for 2 hours. Let’s just say, I’m not used to sprinting. So, it was 2 hours of almost constant running with bursts of sprinting and jumping. My quads are feelin’ it today… but soon, it will go away and I’ll be able to enjoy it all with little to no soreness. I’m looking forward to that! Nonetheless, it was worth it… I enjoyed playing outside and am looking forward to more beautiful days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, no, it's work hard, play hardER! Does everyone at FC have a blog????

Anonymous said...

not everyone at FC has one!! i mostly did it to keep family and friends from far away informed about my life without having to describe it all in multiple e-mails or long phone calls.